Spiced Apple Protein Oat Bars
Spiced apple protein oat bars
I currently have a big tin of these in the fridge and take 1 to work for a treat mid afternoon .
They also have an autumnal feel to them, perfect as the weather has started to change .
🔹3 medium sized apples
🔹80g vanilla protein powder (I use @myproteinuk Natural Vanilla)
🔹1 teaspoon cinnamon
🔹1 teaspoon nutmeg
🔹20g chai seeds
🔹50g pitted dates
🔹150mls milk (I used almond milk, any dairy or plant based milk will do).
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Slice apples into small chunks.
3. Put the chunks into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add protein powder, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and chia seeds. Stir to combine.
5. Chop the dates and add them and stir more.
6. Add the milk and stir well.
7. Line a baking tin with parchment paper (I use a 38 x 20 x 7cm tin).
8. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin and even the mixture out.
9. Bake for 25 minutes.
10. Leave to cool in the tin then slice and store in an airtight container in the fridge (will last a week).