Tahini Oat Protein Squares
TAHINI OAT PROTEIN SQUARES
You can probably tell from my recipes recently I’ve been making some protein bars! I wanted something I could grab out of my bag to eat at work in the afternoon as a snack that would keep me full & I knew what I was eating! My tummy also gets a bit unsettled by the polyols which are often in shop-bought protein bars. I now tend to batch bake some in the weekend to have during the week. This week I’ve been having these .
🔹100g Soya unflavoured protein powder (I use @myprotein)
🔹2 teaspoons cinnamon
🔹3 tablespoons tahini
🔹350 mls milk, I used almond milk, any plant based or diary will be fine.
🔹75g dates (pitted)
🔹(+ optional tablespoon of honey, if you want these to be more of a sweet treat)
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius (fan).
2. Roughly chop the dates, set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir together.
4. Add wet ingredients and stir in well.
5. Use your hands to combine the mixture as best you can.
6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
7. Tip ingredients into lined baking tray and press down and make mixture an even depth throughout.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins.
9. Leave to cool for 10-15 mins in the tin then slice and place on a cooling rack (the grill rack is a good alternative!). 10. Once completely cool, store in an airtight container, these keep for at least 6 days.